All the benefits of IBM’s Engineering Lifecycle Management solutions. None of the hassle
Until recently, there was only one way to tap into the benefits of IBM ELM for your CLM or ALM needs: buy it, install it in your data center and maintain it yourself. According to IBM ELM customers, that model can be surprisingly resource-intensive, including:
Even small customers require at least four servers to handle IBM ELM’s computing needs.
To use IBM ELM to the fullest, customers had to install and integrate the platform, update it with monthly fixes and patching, create users, manage permissions, build templates and much more.
As it turns out, all this maintenance activity required hiring and training at least two full-time employees to support the platform properly.
As the collaboration platform for your product development teams and the repository for all your product-related artifacts, IBM ELM is a critical path system for your business. Any downtime can have incredibly adverse effects on your production pipeline and time to market.
Global organizations naturally have a greater variety of products and more complex regulatory and compliance environments to manage. Around the clock support requires staffing multiple shifts of IBM ELM support experts to ensure each region can maximize their efficiency and effectiveness.
The Persistent Systems Managed Services Advantage
Instead of owning and maintaining your own IBM ELM solutions, let Persistent Systems manage them for you. Here are six reasons why:
More Reasons to get started Persistent Managed Services
Trusting Persistent Systems to manage your IBM ELM environment has even more advantages
- Faster preparation and initial rollout
- Decreased maintenance resources
- Decreased system downtime
- More efficient infrastructure management
- EU/US Citizen options available for defense, government and military accounts
- Faster time to use and value
- Greater focus on higher-value activities
- Ability to leverage new features quickly
- Nearshore and Offshore options available for increased pricing and support flexibility
- Improved system support by relying on the software developers themselves to handle your trouble tickets
What is included with Persistent Managed Services?
Persistent Managed Services includes comprehensive support of your IBM ELM Engineering solution, based on our years of experience creating, supporting and using the software daily.
All our Persistent Managed Services agreements include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Pre-installation assessment and analysis
- Installation and configuration of the back-end database server
- Installation and configuration of the AppServer
- IBM ELM server installation, configuration and administration
- Testing and validation of the environment
- Project area creation and administration
- Custom link definition and integration configuration
- Client-defined support schedule
- Regular managed upgrades and patching
- System performance monitoring
- Regular system backup and restore
The list of IBM ELM solutions we support includes, but is not limited to:
- IBM Engineering Systems Design Rhapsody – Model Manager (RMM)
- Jazz Team Server
- Change & Configuration Management (CCM)
- Quality Management (QM)
- Requirements Management (RM)
- IBM Engineering Lifecycle Optimization – Engineering Insights (ENI)
- Lifecycle Query Engine (LQE)
- Data Collection Component (DCC)
- Report Builder (RS)
- Global Configuration Management (GC)
- Link Index Provider (LDX)
Persistent Managed Services – All the benefits of IBM’s Continuous Engineering solutions. None of the hassle.